Thursday, March 1, 2012

Feature-n-Follow, Dr. Seuss!

Feature & Follow 
is hosted 
by 

This is a FUN zip-along-and-visit, a great big discussion revolving around one great question... and I do so love questions!!  :-D  The idea is to find new book bloggers - meet-n-greet, follow-n-follow-back, that sort of thing. Which means... if you leave me a comment, I'm stalking you back - lucky you!!  Ha!  (Just letting you know what your getting into around here.)  For real instructions and the Linky to join in the fun, hop over to PJ or ACR's sites. They're very thorough and kind and rarely (never really) scary.



Q: What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show and do you have actors/actresses in mind to play the main characters?



I'm dissolutioned over books made into movies. I mean... two examples:  Pride & Prejudice & The Twilight saga.  Muahahahaha...

Pride & Prejudice is LONG. The script follows the book very closely. The actors sat around reading the script together before it started (I read that somewhere. It's for real!) getting into character and absorbing Jane Austen's intentions. Then the whipped it together... without cutting out hardly anything. To listen to this movie is to nearly listen to the book being read. 

I like that. The author is honored. The art enacted is beautiful!

'Breaking-Dawn-Character-187.jpgTake the Twilight Saga, now... the first movie followed the emotions of the book rather closely, I thought (although I saw someone liked the second better, which can only be a preference to the second installment in general, in my opinion.) But it has digressed so far that I have to believe the actors have not read the book. (I'm not talking about whether you like the book or like the movie or not, please don't hang me!)

I get the distinct impression... as gorgeous actors stand, posed, that they're wondering what emotion they're supposed to be feeling, like they aren't sure. Did you see that?!

So, basically, this is a question in multiple parts.

1 - Do I want my favorite book butchered?

Nope.

2 - Will a producer be found that will listen to the author (either present or not) and give me a movie worthy of my favorite book?

I just don't even want to put that high of an expectation on anyone. It's unkind.

3 - Is there no hope then?!

Well...........


hunger-games-katniss-galeI'm eager to see Hunger Games. Did you see the latest?!  Take a quiz to see which Faction you'd be in!!  :-D

And I'll probably see The Lorax, too, since this is a great day to mention that movie. *ahem*

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax Poster
So, yea... I do hope. I mean, Hugo won a bunch of awards, right?  We're already talking about watching it this weekend. (Don't tell me if you didn't like it!!!)
Hugo 3D


What a loaded question for a nice Friday!!!!





More delicious Friday News!!


Today is special 'cause it's Dr. Seuss's Birthday, which is celebrated by schools and crazy people everywhere!!  Hey... I'm all about celebrating BOOKS any chance I get! Plus... my kids are going to school Friday in Pajamas w/ Dr. Seuss books stuffed in their backpacks.  Excitement is HIGH around here!!!!

30 amazing Dr Seuss quotes....perfect for Seuss-themed celebrations tomorrow!





I nabbed these Dr. Seuss pictures off Pinterest. In fact, I've gathered a few, which I sprinkled around my blog in honor of the holiday - and they all link back to my Books Worth Reading board!  You may resist joining Pinterest for a while... in fact, I suggest it if you want to keep your spare minutes. 'Cause for some reason, Pinterest sucks up all your extra seconds and minutes and even ones that aren't "extra", which is really inconvenient. It's rather like a delicious sort of black hole. Best to keep your distance!